Many of you will know that the Association used to undertake an annual member survey to assess the volume of business which was originated through both our Members and Patrons.
We didn’t continue with this in 2017 because we wanted to be sure that the data that we were collecting, and sharing was statistically robust. Over the last six months we have shared with you my plans to re-energise this process by surveying Patron lending activity rather than asking our broker Members. I have been heartened by the comprehensive support I have received from Patrons wishing to contribute to a replacement process, so I am now pleased to be launching the first survey adopting this revised approach.
The NACFB holds a privileged position, in that from our vantage point we see our broker Members engage with you, our Patrons, partnering the most dynamic, innovative and valued lenders and individuals operating in the UK commercial finance space. Such a position enables us to accurately capture the most comprehensive snapshot of UK lending activity, invaluable data that will inform your strategic planning.
Allow me to start by establishing our approach:
- I have engaged PwC to help with this exercise. They will be acting independently and understand that all contributions must remain anonymous. The Association will never see any individual returns. They will be sent direct to PwC and we will only ever see the aggregated output.
- To further preserve anonymity, I have also recommended that publication of the data can only proceed if a sufficient volume of Patrons complete the survey to allow reliable and comprehensive analysis.
- I am also proposing that all contributors will receive a high-level summary of the findings before we publish the survey results. This would be on the condition that the Association are allowed time to issue their own press release on the survey outcome.
- This survey will cover activity for the first half of 2018. If it is a success, the plan will be to run this at least on an annual basis so that we can capture a full calendar year.
- PwC will deliver a data dashboard to be held under licence by the Association and subject to the conditions of anonymity, we will be able to interrogate the data on behalf of any Patron wanting to see the results through a requested lens e.g. products by region or loan type.
I hope that you agree that this approach is a fair and balanced way to proceed. Here is the process that you need to follow:
- Click to download the NACFB Lender Survey 2018 template, upon completion return to PwC via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have allowed four weeks for you to undertake the data collection process so please work on providing the return by Friday 21st September.
- The template is self-explanatory with many drop down boxes. If some of the descriptions do not fit with your data capture, all we ask is that you employ best endeavours to complete the return. In the unlikely event that you require some assistance with the return you can call Anne-Marie Brennan on 07802 658980 or Adeel Ahmad on 07946 652795.
- Assuming we receive the required number of returns within the timescale, it is anticipated that the output will be available for sharing in the week commencing 24th September.
I strongly encourage all NACFB Patrons to contribute because this will provide all of us with a great opportunity to demonstrate the real value that our community is contributing to funding SME business in the UK.
This project will only be as successful as the data we obtain, so I ask you to partner with us on this journey to ensure that when we champion our sector at the highest levels we do so with as clear and as accurate a picture as possible.
We look forward to working with you and sharing such vital data upon completion.
The NACFB is partnering with Credit Strategy to support the Commercial Finance Conference which will also host our AGM on Thursday 8th November.
The Commercial Finance Conference will form one of three strands at the Lending Summit 2018 hosted a London’s Hilton Bankside. The Lending Summit is the UK’s first 360-degree forum for senior professionals and advisors in the consumer, commercial and corporate lending spaces.
The Commercial Finance Conference’s agenda will feature guest speakers, panel sessions and host the NACFB’s Annual General Meeting. Find out more, and book your attendance at an exclusively discounted rate for both NACFB Members and Patrons, here.
Register to attend the Commercial Finance Conference today.
The NACFB Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony returns to the Park Plaza Westminster for the fifth year on 29th November 2018.
The Awards Ceremony provides an opportunity to recognise the most dynamic and valued lenders and individuals operating in the UK commercial finance space.
Each one of the fifteen award categories reflect a key aspect of the modern finance world, recognising innovation, stand-out lenders and new market entrants.
We are offering NACFB broker firms the exclusive opportunity to sponsor a category from this year’s event. Award sponsorship enables your brokerage to be synonymous with the very best lenders in our community.
The award sponsorship package includes:
- Promotion of your brokerage:
- On the Award Submission Form sent to all NACFB Patrons
- Exposure online and in print – both before and after the event
- At the event itself, on the screens, tables and in the event guide
- As well as your logo and name engraved on the trophy
- The sponsoring brokerage will also present the award to the winning lender on the night
The Award sponsor package is open to any NACFB brokerage and is priced at £750 + VAT
Please find below the full list of categories for this year’s NACFB Awards Ceremony:
- Buy to Let Lender of the Year
- Leasing & Asset Provider of the Year
- Development Lender of the Year
- Business Bank of the Year
- Commercial Mortgage Lender of the Year
- Factor & Invoice Discounter of the Year
- Most Innovative Lender of the Year
- Short Term Lender of the Year
- Small Funder of the Year
- Specialist Lender of the Year
- Vehicle Finance Provider of the Year
- Newcomer/New Entrant of the Year
commences with a drinks reception at 6.30pm, followed by a three-course meal and the awards ceremony. As always, following the awards ceremony, there will be an after party with live music and entertainment.
Patrons: Please note Award Submission Forms will be circulated, with additional award categories, in late August.
As you will be aware, from January 2019 the NACFB Magazine will be brought in-house and we will no longer be partnering with our current suppliers.
We arrived at this decision for a number of reasons, chief among which was our desire to ensure greater editorial control whilst raising the bar for content in the form of high-calibre thought leadership. As a non-profit trade body, the magazine is not designed to be an income generator for the Association, we want to elevate the magazine and secure its position as a platform for the best industry insight from lenders and brokers alike.
In the coming days, our trusted partners at R&R Events will begin approaching you and your marketing teams to ascertain your interest in supporting the NACFB Magazine and outline the range of packages available to you.
You can also enquire directly via the below contact details:
t: 0845 0043169
I am asking you – as valued Patrons – to support the magazine not just in the form of advertising, but also by sharing with us your expert insight, detailed knowledge and industry experience in the form of thought-leadership and feature articles.
NACFB Patrons will receive a reduced advertising rate and we have inbuilt flexibility into the rate card rate card for longer term contracts.
All thought leadership pieces from NACFB Patrons will remain at no cost, although more overtly advertorial and self-promoting pieces will incur a fee as outlined in the rate card.
The NACFB Magazine offers unrivalled access to a captive market of the UK’s commercial finance broker market and I am calling upon you, as the UK’s most dynamic lenders, to join on this journey to guarantee our new look magazine’s success.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and for helping us champion the commercial finance community.
We look forward to your engagement with our refreshed magazine.